Surviving now...

I start a new bible study with my college career group next week and I will be teaching a fourteen week series I call, "Surviving now...Back to the Basics." As i mentally prepare to dig into this study, I am forced to ponder how this study is so relevant to what is going on in the world. I have so many concerns for what all these young adults are facing and my fear is that they will not be grounded enough to withstand the torrent of these times that they will face.

As I watch the news every day, I am baffled by the insanity of a culture seeking to bury the truths that were the building blocks of its foundation while at the same time offering no replacement for it other than a me-centered philosophy wrought with hostility and abusive intolerance!

Forget the polarity between liberal and conservative ideology; we have become a country full of dissensions and schisms that prohibit free or independent thinking...some day it will be the right to speak that that will no longer be free. Mark this word; if we continue to subjugate freedom with demagoguery or intolerance, then we will lose the compass of liberty that points us toward home.

Comments

  1. You are so right!! I also worry about our youth (one of which is mine). He has been in church for 19 years (he's only 18, part of those 19 years he was nice and cosy in mommy's tummy) but I really worry if it all sunk deep into his heart. Our culture expects tolerance for everyone and everything except Christians and Christianity. I recently had a long drawn out argument with some fellow Christians over bashing other Christians openly in a public forum. It seems that everyone holds others to a higher standard than we hold ourselves and our young people are bombarded with all this tolerance stuff and told that Christianity is intolerant. It is insanity. We will be praying for you and your Bible study. I applaud you and A for the work you do with young people when you yourselves don't have a teen. That is rare and very honorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Conscientious or contentious...